Saturday, August 25, 2012

A is for Andrew! And Alligators!

A means Andrew!  My little adorable neph Andrew turned 1!  And nothing says Andrew like an Alligator!  So to match some cute gator-plates, a gator cake was in order.  Nothing fancy, but big enough for a crowd - and something kids would like too.

I made my standard chocolate cake, filled with a yummo ganache and then a buttercream frosting airbrushed with my trusty Duff airbrush kit.  To make the gator, I considered a 3D "statue" of a gator but I wanted something BIG that matched the paper plates and decorations so I free-handed the picture with a toothpick on fondant and then just "colored" in by using my food colors as paint.  So cute, if I do say so myself :)  And I do!


To supplement, I added a dozen cupcakes with jimmies - in case the chocolate was too intense for anyone - and because who doesn't like variety!  I used an orange buttercream this time....





No comments:

Post a Comment